In the Pipeline: $50 Million Medical Office Complex in Texas
$50 Million Medical Office Complex Coming to Irving, Texas
Two developers, Rubicon Representation and KDC, recently broke ground on a $50 million medical office building development in Irving, Texas, Commercial Property Executive reported.
The project is set to be constructed in two phases, the first of which will be made up of a 95,000-square-foot building that will be anchored by Healthcare Associates of Texas. Phase II will include the construction of a 60,000-square-foot mid-rise building that will house medical offices and an ambulatory surgery center. Construction of Phase II is anticipated to begin in early 2017.
“This state-of-the-art facility, which will enable us to bring the medical hub to life by offering comprehensive family medicine and ancillaries under one roof, will be ideal for our patients and providers,” Dr. Walter Gaman, CEO of Healthcare Associates of Texas, said in a prepared statement. “The thoughtful and forward-thinking design of the project will also allow us to continue to provide exceptional health care in the most efficient and patient-centered manner.”
The real estate transaction was assembled by Rubicon Representation’s Kyle Jacobs, and KDC is serving as the project developer. MBRE Healthcare will own 80% of the first building, according to an official statement by the development team. Healthcare Associates of Texas will own the remaining 20%, as well as the second building in its entirety.
Construction Begins on MOB in Edgefield, South Carolina
Edgefield County Hospital and Self Regional Healthcare plan to host a ground-breaking ceremony on Nov. 20 for a new, 16,600-square-foot medical office building, according to The Edgefield Advertiser. The building will be located on the campus of Edgefield County Hospital in Edgefield, South Carolina.
Self Regional is funding the construction of the building, which is scheduled to be finished sometime during the third quarter of 2017. About 50% of the building will house a Self Medical Group primary care practice, while the remaining 50% will be leased to Edgefield County Hospital for the relocation of its rural health clinic, Peachtree Medical Center.
The new building reflects an affiliation between Edgefield County Hospital and Self Regional Healthcare, but does not indicate any ownership change at either hospital. Both Self Regional Healthcare and Edgefield County Hospital plan to keep their independence and report to their respective local boards.
Cerebral Palsy Association to Refurbish Vacant Pedestrian Mall into Medical Office Complex
The Cerebral Palsy Association of the North Country plans to renovate a 15,000-square-foot building in Ogdensburg, New York, into a medical office complex, Watertown Daily Times reported.
The building, located in the Ogdensburg pedestrian mall, has been vacant for several years and was previously owned by Filtran, Inc., a Canadian electronics manufacturer.
The project, which has been in the planning and approval stages since early 2015, is being designed by architect Brooks Washburn.
Urgent Care to Open in Shopping Center in New Jersey
The corporate parent of Hunterdon Medical Center plans to open its second urgent care center later this November in Raritan, New Jersey, TAPinto Flemington-Raritan reported. Hunterdon Healthcare opened its first urgent care facility in Flemington, New Jersey, earlier in 2016.
The new urgent care center will be located within the Raritan Crossing Shopping Center.
Aurora Health Care Plans $17 Million Urgent Care Center in Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Aurora Health Care is planning to construct a $17 million, 30,000-square-foot urgent care center in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, BizTimes reported.
The site in question currently houses a three-story building and two smaller adjacent structures. Aurora intends to bulldoze the two smaller buildings and renovate the bigger, three-story building to fit the needs of the future clinic, according to documents given to the city.
The new clinic would replace the Aurora Lakeshore Medical Clinic in Oak Creek, which has been open since 1995, and will be 20,000 square feet bigger than its current 10,000-square-foot clinic. The upcoming clinic will offer urgent care, imaging, labs and a pharmacy, as well as employ about 38 people, eight of which will be doctors.
Written by Mary Kate Nelson
Companies:Aurora Health Care, Healthcare Associates of Texas, Hunterdon Healthcare, KDC, MBRE Healthcare, Rubicon Representation, Self Regional Healthcare, The Cerebral Palsy Association of the North Country